Take on the role of a Cyber Detective and practice your digital citizenship skills in this fun game for Stage 2 students.
R U A Cyber Detective is a digital citizenship game for students in Stage 2. Students take on the role of a junior detective at the Cyber Detective Agency. Assigned an urgent case involving stolen identities, students are challenged to use their digital citizenship skills in a range of mock situations, including chat rooms and using webcams, as they race against time to recover the identities from Dr Hiss. At the conclusion of the game, students make a five-point guide about staying safe online and receive a Junior Detective Award.
Curriculum and syllabus links
NSW Syllabus outcomes
- PD2-2 Explains and uses strategies to develop resilience and to make them feel comfortable and safe
- PD2-3 Explains how empathy, inclusion and respect can positively influence relationships
- PD2-9 Demonstrates self-management skills to respond to their own and others' actions
- PD2-10 Demonstrates a range of interpersonal skills that build and enhance relationships and promote inclusion in various situations
Australian Curriculum content descriptions
Health and Physical Education S2
- ACPPS035 Describe and apply strategies that can be used in situations that make them feel uncomfortable or unsafe
- ACPPS036 Identify and practise strategies to promote health, safety and wellbeing
- ACPPS037 Describe how respect, empathy and valuing diversity can positively influence relationships
- ACPPS038 Investigate how emotional responses vary in depth and strength